Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baby Steps

I start every post by apologizing for not keeping up with my writing...so again, I apologize. I think part of the problem is that I am just turning inward so much lately. I am avoiding people and just keeping to myself (and family). I don't feel like sharing much, and am just holding it all in as much as possible. I really feel like I'm in hibernation. Waiting for winter to be over, waiting for something...not sure what...to happen. Yet though we've just gotten another big shot of snow, I somehow feel that Spring is eminent. I think the days getting longer is helping. Let's face it, winter where I live is depressing unless you are into snowmobiling, skiing, or otherwise freezing your butt off - which I am not. Wake me when it's over!!!

The stress of our lives this past year has changed everything. Not a day goes by that I don't worry about what will happen to us. Will we lose our home and have to move out of state in order to be able to make a living? Will we ever get past the pain of this winter's events? I don't know, I don't have any answers. I know I just need to hang onto some hope, and I am working on that. Baby steps.

8 comments:

judycolby said...

Mary,
I'm sending you big hugs as I have nothing else to offer.

mertoo said...

Thanks Judy. I feel like things are improving, but it's going pretty slow. We will be ok.

Anonymous said...

Mary;Since I'm new I don't know what's been happening to you and your family. I will be praying for you that you can find an inward peace right now. I know the jobs in Mich. are depleting fast. My husband has worked for 28 yrs. at the same place and they have layed off over 600 people. They have cut the rest of the workers ( my husband) to 32 hrs. a week. My husband is having medical problems also,undiagonised, Dr.sw are going to send him to U of M. We're waiting for a date. We have very large RX bills each month and we don't know where it's comming from either. Just take One day at a time, and enjoy the little things in life. A big Hug comes from me. Hope we can meet sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy, glad you found my blog. I emailed you!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you and your family, Mary!
love,
melly

Anonymous said...

Thanks Melly.
xoxo

Linda Mahoney said...

Mary, Mary I wish you could come and spend some time where I am. It is already pretty much spring here. But the flip side is that we haven't had rain in so very long that the grass is dead and the fire hazards are high. I am sending you as much warmth as I can and holding you up in prayer. Love ya bunches!! Linda

Anonymous said...

Linda, I wish I could, too!
There are hints of spring here, but we are watching yet another winter storm that is heading our way. But the skunks are out - a sure sign that Spring is near! :)