Friday, December 12, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Ok, time to lighten things up a little bit. Maybe it will lighten up my mood!

Christy and Jess tagged me, and the instructions are to write 8 random things about myself and then to tag 8 other bloggers. So here goes:

1. I grew up in New Harmony, IN, a town that was the site of a utopian experiment. It's a beautiful little town with a very rich history, and it was THE perfect place to grow up. Think Mayberry RFD with a bit more of a northern presentation.

2. I won third place in the Posey County Spelling Bee when I was in seventh grade. Still have the medal. I missed the word "edition", I thought they said "addition".

3. I have 4 children - 2 I gave birth to, and 2 that I was blessed with through marriage. At one point, we had 4 teenagers in the house! (I think I need another medal!)

4. When I was 15, the government essentially took away our home and 40 acres in order to put in a state park. (Eminent Domain.)

5. When my dad died in 1979, there was an auction set up by my stepmother. All of us kids had to buy family possessions at the auction, but I stole a couple of things. I should have stolen more.

6. I have lived in 8 states - Indiana, Illinois, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Wisconsin, Tennessee, and Michigan - had a bit of wanderlust in my soul before I had children.

7. I love a clean house, but am over being obsessed about it. Life's too short to spend all my time cleaning!

8. One of my ears is pierced 4 times, and the other has only one piercing. I love the odd and assymetrical.

2 comments:

littleoldladyinashoe said...

YAY for you girlie! I'm so proud of you for lightening your mood!

Keep up the good work!
Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

You know there are good times and bad throughout the day. The kids keep me busy and entertained during the evening, so that's usually the best part of the day. But there are tearful moments and it still feels somewhat like we are living in a foggy sort of bad dream. We still can't believe it.