Saturday, October 18, 2008

Time for a Change - In My Diet

I've been away for awhile again. I lost my internet connection for 2 weeks and that was interesting - I lived through it with very little withdrawal, which was a surprise for me. But I did miss all my online friends. I'm on my 4th or 5th data card. Everytime Windows does a service pack, my connection bites the dust.

I'm struggling lately with weight loss. At first, right after my pituitary surgery, the weight came off quickly and easily. So of course there are questions. Am I really cured, or in remission from Cushing's, or whatever you want to call it? Who knows? I just can't sit around and worry about it, and I also can't actively test and investigate since my husband and I both lost our long-time jobs and good health insurance. We now have very expensive insurance that doesn't cover squat on pre-existing conditions for 6 months, and then there's a rather high deductible. So I'm sort of stuck for now and am not going to dwell on it as long as my life is half-way normal. And it is.
For now, anyway!

So my immediate plan is to stay on a low carb diet and see if that helps get the weight loss going again. If it doesn't, it will indicate that I'm dealing with another endocrine issue, whether pituitary or thyroid or whatever. So look for low carb blogs in my bloglist. Tonight I have added
"http://www.weightoftheevidence.wordpress.com/",
so check it out. There's a lot of good information there.

So I've been low carbing for about 5 or 6 days now and have seen some changes. I lost 2 pounds in the first couple of days. But the biggest change that I've seen so far is that my stomach isn't upset all the time. It's early on in the diet, though, so I will keep you posted

No comments: